English: 4 Credits
- English 9 – 1 credit
- English 10 – 1 credit
- English 11 – 1 credit
- English Elective – 1 credit selected from the advanced and applied courses on the Utah State Board Approved English list.
Mathematics: 3 Credits*
Students must earn a total of 3.0 math credits from the following foundation courses:
- Secondary Mathematics I
- Secondary Mathematics II
- Secondary Mathematics III
Students may opt out of Secondary Mathematics III with parent/legal guardian request. If an opt-out is requested, the third math credit shall come from the advanced and applied courses on the Utah State Board approved mathematics list.
*A student who successfully completes a Calculus course has completed mathematics graduation requirements, regardless of the number of mathematics credits earned.
College Bound students must meet one of the following:
- Score 3 or higher on AP Calculus AB or BC exam
- Score a 3 or higher on AP Statistics exam
- Score a 5 or higher in IB higher level mathematics exam
- Score 50 or higher on CLEP pre calculus or calculus exam
- Score 26 or higher on mathematics portion of ACT exam
- Score 640 or higher on mathematics portion of SAT exam
- Receive a “C” or higher in Math 1030, 1040, 1050 or concurrent enrollment Statistics
College Bound students who do not meet one of the above must take a full year of mathematics in their senior year of high school.
Students who successfully complete a foundation course before the ninth grade shall still earn 3.0 units of credit in grades 9-12 by taking other foundation courses or additional courses from the advanced and applied Utah State Board approved mathematics list consistent with the student’s CCR.
Foreign Language: 2 Credits
2 Credits from the same foreign language course are required.
Science: 3 Credits
Students must earn at minimum 2.0 science credits from the following foundation courses:
- Earth Systems
Science Elective – 1 credit from the above foundation courses or the Utah State Board Approved Science list.
Social Studies: 3 Credits
Students must earn a total of 3.0 credits in social studies from the following courses:
- .5 credit Geography
- .5 credit World Civilization
- 1.0 credit US History
- .5 credit US Government
- .5 credit Social Studies Elective
Health/PE: 2 Credits
Students must earn 2.0 credits in Health/PE from the following courses:
- .5 credit Health
- .5 credit Fitness for Life
- .5 credit Participation Skills
- .5 credit Individualized Lifetime Activities or Team Sport/Athletic participation
Directed Course Work: 4.5 Credits
Students must earn 4.5 credits from the following courses:
- .5 credits Computer Technology
- 1.0 credit CTE (Career and Tech. Education)
- .5 credit Junior Seminar
- .5 credit Ameritus Service Knights
- 1.5 credit Fine Arts
- .5 credit Financial Literacy
General Electives: 4 Credits
Students must earn 5 credits of electives. These can include core classes that exceed the requirements.